Thursday, December 18, 2008

snow...Snow....SNOW

So we've been getting a bit of snowy weather here in St. George over the past week. I love the snow, but not necessarily driving in it. It's so beautiful to watch, especially when it's quiet with no traffic outside. Last night it really started snowing & sticking to the roads. I had a fun time driving home from Derek's last night....slipping & sliding around a few corners. I had to take some pictures of the snow. It was so pretty & I love how it seems so much lighter outside. All I was missing was a wood burning fireplace & a nice huge picture window. (sigh) Today the snow has melted off the roads & is slowly disappearing from the ground. The weather was sufficiently snowy enough so that my trip to Colorado was stopped....:(

I went to Las Vegas for a few hours with a couple friends on Wednesday. It was a fun time, but it started snowing on the way home. We had lunch at Margaritaville for my friend Karalynn's birthday. It was a fun place to eat...very tropical inside while it snowed outside.
Wednesday night
Thursday morning
I know it doesn't really look like a lot compared to some pictures I've seen...even Palmdale got a ton of snow! I heard Ty was so excited he didn't have to go to school....AHHH I remember those days. I LOVE WINTER!!!

3 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

Curse the snow - global warming my eye. And only curse the snow because it kept us apart! Otherwise, yippee for snow! ;-) So yeah. Okay. Bye.

Monica Hudson said...

And by the way, you mentioned an interesting name in that post - happy to see it again...details please - even if it's just in an email! ;-)

Tricia Bagley said...

Yep, I was thinking the same thing - a certain name . . . I was wondering what had or was happening. You seem really happy and I'm glad for you! Have you seen pictures of the Palmdale snow? It's insane! It never snowed like that when I was living there.