Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to commemorate my Christmas day this year....so sad. It was an interesting day & quite different than any other Christmas. I started my day working at the hospital (8-12). I then made a few phone calls. Ty & Lori were way too distracted with the excitement of the day to talk much, but I got the lowdown from Zack & Michelle. When I called Mom & Dad...Dad was home alone starting dinner & working on his life story (I'm excited to read it). Mom was at the movies with Craig, Keri & Ryan.

Next, I set out to deliver a few things to my cousins & Aunt & Uncle. I struck out at the first 2 houses. This left me feeling quite sad. I mean who doesn't want to spend some time with family on Christmas? I finally found my way to my cousin's house (I'd never been there before). Here I found my aunt & uncle. I told them I had been hunting them down! It was fun to spend a few hours chatting & watching the chaos that tends to go along with the day.

My final visiting stop was @....yup....Derek's. He had his kids most of Christmas Eve & Christmas morning. (We went to the movies Christmas Eve while his kids were @ a family party with their mom) So, Derek bought a Wii & to go along with that Guitar Hero Aerosmith & World Tour. He got me started on a song and was supposed to get ready so we could try to find some place to eat. Let's just say that I got to his house about 6 PM & we ordered our (mexican) food @ 10 PM. I was starving! We did have fun playing Guitar Hero & bowling. I must say that I kicked butt in the bowling....watch out Ty! I even beat him on a few songs, but I don't really count those as he was playing on medium while I stuck with easy. I did play medium with him on one song & he got a little perterbed because he felt things should be even. (I know ahhhh...so cute, right....blah. Okay, it does make me smile a bit) He is pretty funny when we've played games. He is pretty competitive, but still tries to help me out so I don't fail miserably. We played Monopoly on his Xbox & I was the second one to go bankrupt....he said he was sorry & set out to kick the other computer players trash! :)

So, that was my day. Exciting, I know. I look forward to having Thanksgiving & Christmas off next year so I can spend it with family. It's just not the same without them. I love you all....my wonderful family (and those friends I consider family & ok....all my friends)! I hope everyone had a great Christmas & made some wonderful memories.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

2 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.....heh.

xoxo - can't wait to see you!

Zachary Bird said...

Guitar Hero is quite addicting. I am assuming you have your christmas presents and you will be able to hold your own on the Wii when you come visit or vice/versa.
Zack