Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh Alright!

So I was wondering how many people would comment that I mentioned Derek's name in my last post. I certainly wasn't disappointed....so thanks! :) So there....I mentioned him again! I have to admit that there have been a couple times in the last 2 months when I thought that maybe I was more interested than him. This is such new territory for me that I am struggling with these new situations & trying not to be a psycho girl. (haha....is that possible?) He has more of a life than I do so sometimes when I want to hang out...he's busy. I don't make a big deal out of it....who wants a girl like that? I know that would be a major turn off for me. He has moved into a house. He is really happy to be out of his parent's basement. He has a cat now (hmmm...I am more of a dog person) & she is quite skittish. I have not met his kids or his family....that is up to him to decide. He hasn't met any of my family either. I thank my family for being fairly patient even though I know it's hard for you. :)

I've decided that I'm not such a fan of this "dating" stuff. Wouldn't be nice to just find someone & get married without all this uncertainty about how you feel....how he feels....blah blah blah. NO! I am not saying that I am ready to be married anytime soon. There are definitely still those times when I see a young family with adorable little kids & I long for that day to be much closer. But, there are also times I continue to enjoy being single. I think the longing for a family of my own is still much stronger than wanting to be single & have my own space. I think that dating someone has made it a bit easier to handle not having that family...does that make sense to anyone?

I hope this helps some of you & your curiosity about the Shelly/Derek situation. I still don't have pictures of him....sorry.

2 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

Thank you! Of course I have zillions of curious questions, but I'll be good. In your own good time. I know what you mean about liking being single, but like the idea of a family, too - dating is torture! All the doubts and the emotions and the wonderings and the "getting-to-know-your-way,life,personality,etc,etc,etc." It's brutal. But I'm happy to see you happy in the thick of it all! Okay, I'm done...for now.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Thanks for the update. I have wondered! Merry Christmas!