Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Birthday Week

Okay, so I am finally updating my blog! It has taken a while because work has been really busy and my computer was a little sick for a few days.

*Wednesday afternoon I drove to Grand Junction, CO. When I was close to my parent's house I saw 2 deer off the side of the road. The one I saw closest had a pretty good sizes rack.
*Thursday Mom & I met Monica, Chase, Keri & Ryan at the Black Bear Cafe for lunch. I was pretty happy that Monica & Chase could come bowling after. We got there just after they opened. It was pretty funny....Monica was about to bowl & they turned music on...it was loud & unexpected. Ryan immediately started dancing. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera ready to take pics & video of the really good stuff. She is quite the dancer! I have to admit that I really stink at bowling. I was hanging in there with Chase for the most part. I think Ryan beat me the first time around. They did have the bumpers up, but still!!! I had fun anyway. Here are some pics Chase using the ramp
Ryan's going w/just the bumpersMonica the PRO!new friends
look @ that form...UGH!Chase the ball organizer.
Unfortunately Monica had to go back to work after bowling. Mom, Keri, Ryan and I went to get a Gelato which was soooo delicious. Keri & Ryan left us after that and Mom took me shopping. Now shopping for clothes is typically not my absolutely favorite thing to do, but this was actually a GREAT trip! Some of you may know that I have been losing weight which is wonderful, but also means spending money on clothes as I go down in size. I have worn the same size for quite a while now and have gotten rid of my smaller sizes. Anyway, my shopping trips usually include me having a hard time finding clothes that fit well. THIS time those items that didn't fit were TOO BIG!!!! Hooray!!! I was sooo excited!!! I was also excited to have clothes that fit. Most of my clothes are quite baggy & I feel frumpy in them. This was a very fun day!
*Friday Mom and I went to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Cute chickflick, if you liked the first one. That evening my parents, Max (the dog) and I drove to their cabin in Aarowhead, CO. How nice to be in the cool mountains!
*Saturday we went 4wheelin'. It was pretty dusty as you will notice in my pics. It was also very beautiful. There were grey clouds and Dad & I were hoping for rain so we could ride in the mud. Unfortunately it stayed dry. I would love to be closer so I could go out riding more often. Notice how I chose the pics where I'm covered up. That face shot is horrendous!
*Sunday Mom & I played with her Wii. I have to say it was pretty fun, but the only game I was really good at was bowling. I know, weird! I did better w/the video version. I was horrible @ golf, baseball & boxing. Mom got a little carried away & hit me w/the bat which caused her to pitch on accident, it was funny. It was fun exercise.
*Monday we got ready to leave for Grand Junction. All 3 days had relaxing times for reading or a walk. We also went out to eat @ Old Chicago with Craig, Keri and Ryan. Ryan is quite a character and very dramatic. I love getting to spend time with her. We had birthday cheesecake, very yummy!
*Tuesday....MY BIRTHDAY!!!! Mom & I cleaned to get ready for our trip to St. George. Mom rode with me. Dad came Wednesday night so they could continue on to California for Emily's (my cousin) wedding on Friday. It was a nice trip, but I was sad to have to go back to work the next day. It was a great week off!

You may wonder what it feels like to be 32 (if you haven't been there yet yourself). If feels much like being 31, but now I'm that much closer to being 33! haha. Actually, sometimes I feel like I'm still a kid and wonder if I'll ever be an adult. I guess life wouldn't be fun if we weren't kids at times. Now you are up to date!!!

P.S. I'm posting this without the pictures because there is something wrong with my computer & I can't get the pics off my camera. I'll post them when I get it worked out.

3 comments:

Zachary Bird said...

Sounds like lots of fun.
We wish we could of been there.
We missed you last weekend.
We love you!

Monica Hudson said...

I had BLAST!! And I just realized that your present is still sitting on the counter...I suck! Can't wait to see the pics - thank you so much! Chase and I had a great time - wish we could've spend more time with you! Well, either way, Happy B-day, you look FABUOUS, and it was so good to see you! Oh, and in case you were still trying to decide, I'll help you: you ARE MOVING BACK TO GJ!! Like, NOW!! Okay, now that that's settled. See you soon. Muaw! xoxo

Hizzeather said...

Fun week! Can't wait to see pictures! :)