Okay, so I need some help. I want to buy a new notebook computer as mine is 5 years old & slower than a 90 year old snail. I can get a pretty good deal on a Dell or HP through Costco, but they run off Vista. I've heard that there are still problems with that operating system. Then there is all the buzz about the Mac computers. I've already heard from one of my friends that she would buy one if she had the money. I looked online @ the apple store & they are quite a bit more expensive. I've never used a Mac, but hear they are easy to use. So, if you have advice or experience w/a Mac or what's going on w/the Vista OS, please let me know.
THANKS!!!!!!
6 comments:
Ok, I will not pretend to be an expert, but here is what I've heard "on the street.' :)
Once you go Mac, you never go back. They are more expensive, but they need less maintenance. Mac people are all about image, so they all have to have the latest and greatest accessories, and they pay for them, so Apple can charge whatever they want and people will still pay it to have that "Mac" image. They are excellent quality, Apple backs them up, and they have tons of cool features and software. I have many friends and family members who went Mac and don't regret it.
I am a PC gal. I still have Windows XP, but I think that Vista works fine...I think it just took a little bit for people to understand how to use it. My sister just got a new laptop with Vista and she loves it. Since I use a PC at work and pretty much everywhere else, I like sticking with PC because I know what I'm doing.
I've used my brothers Mac and it's very easy to use, even for a PC gal :)
I guess what it comes down to is this...what do you need your laptop for? Basic stuff, like documents and using the internet? Then stick with a PC and save your money. But if you want the image that comes with a Mac, and if you will be using it for editing videos or other artistic things, then you might just be a Mac.
No matter what, you will still want a new one every few years, :) Good luck!
well, last year we got an hp laptop and love it, however, i wanted a mac because jaris and lindy both have macs and love them. for our creative side it would have been great but norman wouldn't budge. jaris LOVES hers, everyone i talk to for that matter loves their mac. good luck.
The computer I've been working off of the last 5 months runs Vista. I personally don't have much problem with it, but my mom hates it (though she is a computer wiz - it's her job). from what I understand it doesn't sync well with some of the everyday programs and can cause a few headaches. On the other hand, my brother has a Mac and will never use anything else. The more I leanr about it through him the more I want one. In fact, Matt and I have already decided that when it's time for the next computer, it will be a Mac - it has more user friendly options and somes standard with many of the features that you have to buy and install on a PC - for the picture taker, Mac is way better - it's editing software (that already somes with it) is Adobe Photoshop like and better quality, but WAY easier to use and understand. It's pretty stinkin' nice, especially for your everyday uses. If it were me?? I'd go Mac. I'm done with PC - all it doesn anymore is find ways for you to buy more software that you shouldn't need in the first place. Mac is worth the money. But I'll still love you no matter what you decide! ;-) LOL!
Hey Shelley,
Love your hair! You look wonderful.
I have a MAC; Peter bought it for me. It's a sleek, matte black little MacBook - kind of like the SR-71!
LOVE it!! It never locks up or freezes, no virus worries, it has an Intel processor, i-tunes and i-photo work better, I can use MS Office suite on it, so you can run Windows when you need to. There's no file conversion problems. It's handy when I need to do the RS Newsletter, I never have to turn it off (it just sleeps), tons of support... Tom is driving a little iBook G4 that's about 5 years old, and it's still fast. He uses a Dell PC @ work, and has no 'user confusion', so to speak. So good to see your sweet face... take care.
Love,
Eileen
oops. Guess I stuck that phrase in the wrong place. (duh) I meant... since it has an Intel processor I can run Windows...
you know what I meant, eh?
Eileen
DON'T BUY A MAC!! Don't be trendy!!
I am writing from a Dell inspirion with Vista. We haven't had any problems in the four months we have had it. Melinda has a MAC and is ready to get a PC.
The commercials are catchy but be the bald fat guy and get a PC! Cheaper and work with everything!
Zack
Post a Comment