HEALTH & EXERCISE
I had a real physical....BLAH!!! I hate going to the doctor, but after what ended up being the worst case of heartburn ever (& some prodding from my mom & grandma...see I didn't say nagging!) I found a doctor & bit the bullet. So, many dollars later, blood tests (that didn't bring such spectacular news), 2 mammograms and a follow up visit in a few weeks....I made a few decisions. One- there are now very good reasons why I avoid doctors and Two- since I did go & didn't like what I heard, I've joined a gym & tried to start eating better. I didn't think I was eating horribly, but I guess I really did eat too much of the wrong stuff along with the good stuff. I have been pretty good about going to the gym regularly. For the past 3-4 weeks I have gone at least 3, but usually 4 times a week. While it isn't something I am enthused about, it is something to do with my time that is also healthy for me. The weight isn't dropping off, but I have noticed more definition in some of my muscles. I am also improving my cardiovascular endurance. I don't feel like I have more energy per say, but who knows, maybe it's just not recognizable to me yet.
FAMILY
I made a trip to Colorado the end of April. Zack & fam flew in to surprise Dad for his 60th birthday. We were all kind of surprised that we were able to keep it a surprise. We had a lot of fun for a few days. We spent an afternoon at the park, went bowling & just had fun together as a family. I then went back again for Mother's Day. My grandparents were going to Craig, CO for my cousin's baby's blessing, so I went along for the ride. It was fun to see more family I haven't seen for about a year or so. The down side was all the time in the back seat. I am used to driving & I ended up sleeping or just "resting my eyes" as I find that I get car sick pretty easily. I'm certainly not complaining about extra rest!
PICTURES
Here are some pics from the past month or so. I'm too lazy to fix the sideways pictures right now.

Ryan & Lori chasing the ducks

Ty, Ryan & Lori

Bryn

Kids wrestling with Craig

Ryan & Grandma "The Great" playing cars
HEAT
So, it got rediculously hot the beginning of the week. I am not looking forward to all the 100+ days coming. We've already hit 103! Yikes! I, like most sane people, thought it would be good to turn the A/C on in my car as I drove home from work. Wouldn't you know it, my A/C wasn't blowing cold....not even cool! Luckily the temp dropped quite a bit til I was off work & could take my car in. $200+ later, it better work for the whole summer!!!! Actually, I had breaks replaced & an oil change in there too, but still. It's been so nice, I haven't had to use the A/C, so I'm trusting the guys who said it's blowing cold....if not beware the wrath of Shelly.....I do not do well with heat unless there is A/C! Don't ask why I'm in St. George because I still don't know.
Anyway, I think that's a pretty good update for the past month.
2 comments:
Lots of fun!
It was fun to see you.
I love the picture of the three kids.
Thanks for posting. :) :)
It's about time!! J/K - sort of! Glad to hear things are going well - good for you about going to the gym...I wish I had more motivation in that department, but alas, I'm a slacker...and it's beginning to show! Poo! As for A/C?? I'm in total agreement - I know I was put on this earth now simply because I would have totally revolted had I had to deal with the heat! Well, dear, next time you're in GJ call me - I'm a permanent resident now! It won't be long before we suck you in, too! Hee hee hee! xoxo
Post a Comment