Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Productive Day

Some of you know me well enough to know that I am not a yardwork enthusiast. I didn't have to do more than pull a few weeds along a chainlink fence in our "desert oasis" in Palmdale, CA. Pulling weeds is probably my least favorite of any yardwork chore. So, what did I do for much of this lovely Saturday, you find yourself asking and waiting for my answer with great anticipation.... I weeded! Yup, I spent about 3 1/2 hours weeding! I have a lovely little patch of dirt beyond my concrete patio which was growing some lovely greenery, that needed to be pulled. The dirt is so hard here. I had to soak the ground a couple times to soften it up. After that was done, I ventured to the side of my place to clean out under the bushes. I spent less time doing this because there were scratchy bushes & roses. I also found a dead frog, by the way, it's still there. I'm just grateful I didn't run into any live creatures other than the worms & flying insects one encounters in the great outdoors. Of course I didn't think to take pictures of the before as I didn't think I would be as proud of my accomplishment as I am. I am not a perfectionist and the work around the side and front are by no means done, but I decided to leave it for another day.....perhaps next year sometime. I did decide to take pictures of some of my piles as proof that I really did do something today. Now, these are not Monica quality. She would make these piles of weeds look like art. My pictures make them look like what they are....piles of nasty weeds & dead leaves. So, enjoy!

3 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

You are HILARIOUS!! I thought your pile of weeds was VERY artful and your bushes are beeeeea-utiful! I hate pulling weeds, too. I love planting a flower garden, but I HATE maintaining it! Ah, if only we could have good looking men to tend our gardens while we sip lemonade and enjoy the eye candy (I can still admire God's handiwork, right?)...

Zachary Bird said...

Way to go!!!
You would not believe how many weeds we have.
I will houses you and feed you if you want to come pull weeds at my house. :) :)

Monica Hudson said...

Just wanted to say that it's time we hear from you again! What's going on?? xoxo