Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fortune Cookie

I went out to eat last night with my Dad & grandparents. We went to a Chinese food place & of course we got fortune cookies. Mine said, "A quiet evening with friends is the best tonic for a long day." (Monica you can finish it the way you like ;)) On the back is a phrase w/the translation into Chinese. My phrase was......already married. I had to laugh. So appropriate, no?

Thanks for the comments thus far on my last post. I usually don't allow myself to post anything that whiney, but sometimes it just sneaks out. It's past now.

A Few More Fortunes

A person with a determined heart frightens problems away.

Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.

A smile is nearly always inspired by another smile.

Ok, so maybe they really aren't fortunes...more like sayings or advice, but I actually thought they were decent this time.

2 comments:

Zachary Bird said...

Shelly-
YOU'RE GREAT!!!

I need to learn how to do cute new back grounds. Help please!

Anonymous said...

We are twins in a new way! We both chose the same background for our blogs! Great minds, I tell ya!