The Date
Okay, so I know you have all been waiting for this post since my last one. I'm still not sure if I'm an adult. So I got a call Tuesday night from Mark and he asked me out for Thursday night. I have to laugh at one thought I had after I talked to him, and it came from either a TV show or movie, was "What? Am I not good enough for a Friday night date?" Where it comes from is that Wednesday is pitty date night. If anyone knows where exactly that comes from, please let me know!
Since today is Friday, I have already been on my date. I have tried not to make it a big deal because it seems when I do, I am disappointed. We doubled with the couple who set us up (Nate & Stephanie). I had a good time even though the new restaurant we tried wasn't that spectacular. I laughed so hard at times that the muscles in my cheeks cramped. I don't know that that has ever happened before. :) Mark was a gentleman and opened the car door for me. I have to say that it's hard to just sit in the car & wait to have the door opened for me when I am perfectly capable of doing it myself. YES, I know I should let the guy do it, if he's gonna. When we got to the restaurant Stephanie asked Nate if he was going to open the door for her & he said no. Since everyone else was getting their own door, I thought I would too (who wants to be the last one sitting in a car without the AC running?). So, try as I might the door wouldn't open. Yup, child safety locks! I had to laugh. I noticed that it took some concentration to not open my doors for myself. I definitely had some internal struggle going on. I think I've decided that it's no longer high on my list for a guy to be such a gentleman as to open all my doors for me. Now, I do think that if they are ahead of me they should, but if I should reach the door first I'm all for opening it for them. Don't think me some feminist extremist or equal opportunity all the way kinda girl. I'm just used to being me.....is that so wrong?! ;) As kids we used to open the car door for my mom, but I think that was mostly to keep from waiting for my dad to do it....we could get to where we were going a whole 30 seconds faster!
There really aren't a lot of details to share, but there may be another date coming up. I'd be happy to answer any questions from all your inquiring minds. I've already been grilled by my mom!
Last Week
My Grandma Jeppson (Mom's mom) passed away on June 16th. Her health had been declining for the past several years. We will all miss her, but know that she is in a much better place with none of the physical limitations she has had. She looked so peaceful and I could certainly picture her with Ryan and Caylor checking in on all their family. It was good to be around family again although I think since it is said that things happen in 3's, we should be done with funerals for a while. We have had 3 family funerals in just over a year. I'll post some pics of the family later.
4 comments:
Oh, hun - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. That's always a tough one, but it sounds like everyone is handling things well.
On the other hand, I'm ecstatic about your date! Sounds like a good time - what more can you ask for - he has all his teeth (I'm assuming) AND he makes you laugh!! I'm pretty sure you've heard it from all sorts of people, but I'm pretty sure I should remind you that once you've checked "no missing teeth" and "laughter" off of the "Qualities" list anything else is just getting selfish and picky!! I mean, really, Matt barely passed the "teeth" requirement - fortunately I looked past it and decided that "potty trained" made up for the deficiency.
Good luck - it's a scary dating world out there! Looking forward to hearing more adventures - good or bad!
I'm so sorry about your grandma, Shell. I really hope your family can take a rest for a little while, it's been rough, eh? You guys are amazing, though.
I'm so excited about your date. I can just see you laughing and laughing until those tears come. I love how you laugh/cry, it's awesome. I must say, I ALWAYS loved how your brothers would open the car door for your mom. That's probably what made me think I'd better marry Zack. :)
PS - I can finally see the computer screen normally now. Your site really leaves a lasting impression on my eyes. :)
PSS - Once again, I am so sorry about your grandma, Give your mom a big hug from the Stewart's. We love her.
shelly!! i love your guts and am so happy that you have joined the blogging world. it is a nice way of journaling and keeping in touch with good friends. next time you come to az to see leslie....call me and i will see if i can come meet up with you again. i can't believe how time flies..it seems like you were just here.
love you...tell us more about your date!!
I agree with Jen! You need to come see me soon, it's been too long. I know it's technically my turn, but well things didn't exactly happen this summer like I thought they would (thanks in part to the amazing Queso appearance). I miss your gutz! It was really good to talk to you the other day.
Post a Comment