Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Some ancient wisdom

I once read this really cool Celtic wedding blessing and was looking for it again when I came upon some other great ones.

May those who love us, love us.
And those who don't love us,
May God turn their hearts;
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we may know them by their limping.


a Scottish Blessing...
If there is righteousness in the heart
If there is righteousness in the heart,
there will be beauty in the character.
If there is beauty in the character,
there will be harmony in the home.
If there is harmony in the home,
there will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
there will be peace in the world.
So let it be.

Hope you like them.

6 comments:

ZB said...

well spoken...especially that first one.

Zachary Bird said...

If it 'aint Scottish it's CRAP!!! Mike Meyers, Sat. Night Live Scottish Skit.

Monica Hudson said...

I love those - they really sum things up! Hope all is well - miss you like crazy...and since I am crazy now, I can say, I miss you like me! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I just got your Christmas card and saw that you have a blog!!! I am excited! It is nice to find people online!

Anonymous said...

Oh, did I tell you that I am Tersa? I guess I forget that I use a fake name...

Anonymous said...

So, I guess I am just dumb...and you did know it was me! LOL