Monday, April 13, 2009

The Hair Week

So, I decided that if in fact I do find & buy a house, I won't be able to keep up the darker hair color. It is also almost summer & a good time to go lighter. I went to have my color closer to my natural color so the growth wouldn't be so noticeable. Well, apparently I shouldn't have chosen a gold toned color. My hair just soaks it up & the girl put me under the dryer because the last time I went in my roots wouldn't take the color. This made the color more intense & more of an orangey color. This wouldn't have been so bad if it was more throughout the rest of my hair, but NO....I had orangey roots & the rest was dark....not too cute! I went back the next day for almost 3 hours to have it fixed. They had to first use bleach to pull out some of the darker color & the roots. This caused flaming, "carrot top" orange roots! Now I don't have anything against that color hair....it just doesn't look good on me. Thankfully it is much better now, but I didn't have any of my natural color left for the second girl to work from. My hair also got a little damaged from all this so today I got 2 inches cut off. Kinda sad because I've been trying to grow it out, but it really needed to be cut. I like it & can still pull it up for the summer heat & work. I'll have to post pics when it looks cute. The cut is the same as I've had, just the color is different.

House Hunt Update:
This is not fun! 2 houses I've put offers on didn't go through. Really bummed about the second one. I now understand what many of you have been through....looking & looking for your house. My enthusiasm has died down, but am still kinda looking. I'm just afraid that what I really want is too far out of my price range. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective....this is only my FIRST place and I AM still single & don't need a lot of space. It'll happen one of these days.

4 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

See - it's all a big sign. You're not supposed to be buying THERE...you're supposed to be buying HERE! The house right next door is for sale, and the one on the corner...and a few more...you know you want to!! Come on, Shelly, everybody's doing it... heh heh

Alisa said...

Shelley - Good luck with the house hunting. Remember it's your starter home and not your move-up home or trophy home! That is a hard thing to do! I hope you finally get what you want! McKay and Rachel wrote 9 offers before they had one accepted when they bought their first place. No fun! Make sure you take advantage of the stimulus package tax credits for your federal taxes - could be good! Keep us all posted! - Alisa

The Borman Family said...

I'm sorry about your hair. How frustrating. Glad you got it fixed and if you are wanting it to grow, prenatal vitamins work GREAT! I'm not sure what it is in them, but they really make your hair grow faster. Hang in there with your house hunt. I bet you will find a great house for the price you want. It just takes a little time when you have a limited budget and certain ideas. You'll find it!

Monica Hudson said...

okay, dear - time for an update - been missing you!! xoxo